Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What have we been up to lately?

Wow- what a busy time it has been!  Here are a few pictures and words on our activities!

We started creating this activity, using popsicle sticks and toilet paper rolls!  So far, we have painted our popsicle sticks.  Once we get our containers ready, we'll be able to play this fun color sorting game!  Charlotte already knows all her colors but has not yet mastered sorting.  What a creative and inexpensive learning activity!


from theprincessandthetot.blogspot.com/






I am starting this project tonight  - alphabet and number bean bags!  Charlotte knows her numbers 1 - 10 and some of the alphabet, but I want to make sure we have other activities to try other than flash cards.  I was thinking of making uppercase letters on one side and lowercase letters on the other side- not sure yet if i'll do this.  Also, i'll be making numbers 1 - 20 for the numbered bean bags!  I'll try to make color ones too.  particularly for Weston and Michaela (the little girl i'll be taking care of soon!)  I can't wait to see how these turn out!


from chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com


I made a few appliqued onesies for Weston!  I am very proud of how these turned out.  I'll add the pictures to this post soon!  Next I will be trying the burp cloths, pictured below:


from diaryofaquilter.com
 We started making a counting game similar to this one!  I have painted the egg carton and now I just need to give it a second coat and add the stickers and numbers.  I can't wait to play this game with Charlotte!


from lakeshorelearning.com 

We made a 'mommy and me' handprint craft similar to the one pictured below!  I'll add our picture soon.



from millybee.com

We also did a painting activity where Charlotte used acryllic paint over masking tape.  It turned out really cute! (picture coming soon)  Next time we will use a canvas instead of paper, due to issues with our paper ripping a little when we took the tape off.  It would also be fun to let Charlotte place the tape on the page, or to make the tape in the shape of a tree or animal!


idea from readymade.com
 We also went on a nature walk around our block, collecting items along the way.  It was fun to talk about what we saw during our walk.  Next we will create art from these items!





Finally, we went for a bike ride and created a 2 colored pom pom!  Charlotte hasn't quite mastered the pedaling yet, but we're having fun learning!







I was asked to attempt the pom pom by my sister, who is planning her wedding.  I think it turned out pretty well, considering I did not have flower wire and only had 4 sheets of each color ( hence the 2-colored pom pom and the use of bread twisty-ties to hold it together!)  It was really easy to make, taking only 5 minutes.  I followed the tutorial on marthastewart.com.  It is now hanging up in Charlotte's room :)

Here's how it turned out:



Whew!  we had more planned that we were unable to get to.  Partly because my body is requiring alot more rest lately with the pregnancy.  I'm okay with that though- I need to take care of myself and Weston, and I'd rather have too much planned than not enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment