Monday, August 1, 2011

My first sewing project!

I'm so excited about the new pillows I made for our front porch chairs!  I have a sewing machine but never really made the time to use it before.  After spending about an hour trying to figure out how to wind thread on the bobbin and to try to thread the needle, I made these pillows:


If you look closely, you'll see how I really messed up the 4th side on both pillows, lol.



but, i'm still very proud of my results!



Total cost of this project:  just 3 dollars!!!  I got an outdoor tablecloth on clearance from Walmart.  I already had 2 old pillows that I used for the inserts.  Plus, I still have plenty of leftover table cloth that I will use as a picnic blanket.


This project has inspired me to try other sewing projects!  Next on the list:  a shower curtain for the downstairs bathroom and numbered bean bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment