Thursday, July 21, 2011

My new blog!

I've always wanted to have a blog.  I think I have started 2 blogs at one time or another, but never seemed to find the time to keep up with them.  Now that I have more time, I thought I would give it another shot! :)

So, just some background info on our lives lately- One month ago, my husband and I decided that we were going to take a giant leap of faith by completely uprooting our lives and moving from Florida to Kentucky.  We left our safe, predictable jobs and hectic schedules so that Jon could attend seminary and follow his dream of becoming a pastor.   While pretty much everyone thought we were crazy-including ourselves at times-we strongly felt that God was leading us in this direction. 


our new home
We arrived to our new home with our 19 month old daughter and a little boy on the way.  As stressful as all of this change was, it was really nice to take a little break from work and spend time with my girl.  But how many times can we read the same books and play the same games before it gets really, reaaally old?  And how many times will we take her to the playground at the mall because it's one of the only free things to do that we could think of?  So now that I have more time with Charlotte, but minimal money, I want to make sure that my family finds new and creative ways to spend time together without draining our bank account.  So, I'm going to be posting lots of new ideas (or, new to me ideas, ha!) that we will try as a family.

My hope is that this blog will keep me accountable in making sure that Charlotte (and baby Weston - due October 2011) have lots of fun and educational experiences away from the TV, and that we spend more quality time together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment